As many of you know, I run a semi formal and somewhat-invitation-based networking group for online community pros with George Jaquette from Intuit.
We try to get together bi-monthly, alternating between the south bay and SF.
A little more information:
The intention of the events is to provide an open and safe
environment for community practitioners to share experiences and best
practices. As such, we have a few ground rules.
- No sponsorships. Host organization provides space, food and beverages
- No pitches. Presentations should be about sharing experiences, having a discussion about a problem or issue you are facing, or reviewing a project or site you are working on
- The guest list is up to Bill & George.
- Bill and/or George sets final agenda based on topic appropriateness and time available
- “Soft” NDA: No blogging, or discussion “in public” about specific presentations, unless the presenter gives explicit permission.
5:30 – 6:30 Networking hour.
Drinks and food will be available.
6:30 – 8:00 Presentations.
After the networking hour, we’ll share thoughts on community. We
request that you bring a 1-2 slide deck to talk to. Topics can range
- A report back from a conference
- A new community that you have recently launched
- A feature that you are developing, or are interested in discussing
- Challenges that you are facing in developing, growing or managing your community
- Or any other topic that you feel would be appropriate and enlightening to this audience.
If you are interested in an invitation, please drop me a note.