Hi Folks – a quick post to let you know that I am leading a discussion at the #OCTribe Online Community Meetup in SF this Wednesday night.
I’ve been involved with this meetup for many years, and it is an honor to be asked to speak!
Description and registration information follow. I hope we can meet Wednesday night!
Online Communities are Your Organization’s Future
I will present and then lead a discussion on:
- Why 20th century businesses aren’t adapting to 21st century realities, including mobile
- Why we need a fundamentally new and more expansive approach to building online communities in our evolving global economy (hint: mobile)
- How to manage one of the most important (and misunderstood / undervalued) organizational functions
- Why the roles of “Community Manager” and the Community Team need to evolve
- Emerging opportunities for businesses to create and exchange new forms of value with their communities and, in the process, become more sustainable.
This meetup and group is always high signal / low noise.